Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bumped into somebody I used to know


One of the delights of waking early when abroad is listening to local radio stations, whether English or  foreign language stations.
 
Numerous times in NZ I heard the distinctive music and lyrics of Gotye and Kimbra’s Somebody I used to know which had reached the NZ number one spot two months previously; simultaneously, Kimbra’s own debut album Vows was big. And then, sitting on our flight from Nelson to Auckland in early December, the distinctive Vows album cover featured on the front of Kia Ora, the Air New Zealand inflight magazine – understandably NZ is proud of a global home-grown talent.

It’s been interesting watching Kimbra’s career since, including Somebody I used to know topping the UK charts, and her jetting around the world. Now, why didn’t I buy a copy of Vows in NZ instead of having to wait for the upcoming UK release…?

No comments:

Post a Comment